In the UK, they have Guy Fawkes Night with a famous song/poem of which most will recognize at least this portion.
As I headed back into the office after lunch today, the following line of thought occurred to me.
With tonight being the election, there’s really only three outcomes I can see happening:
- Your candidate wins and you drink to celebrate with others of your political party.
- Your candidate loses and you drink to commiserate with others of your political party.
- There are legal challenges to whoever wins, drawing the election out further, and you drink to mourn.
In any of those scenarios, everybody has an excellent reason to have a stiff drink tonight. So as we all watch the election results pour in over the course of the night; let’s be sure to pour ourselves a “fifth” of our favorite beverage and maybe tomorrow we can forget this night ever happened. 😀
- I Stood For My Candidate, Did You Stand For Yours?
For the first time since I became a registered voter, I attended my local caucus. I was registered a …
- Did Bush REALLY Win?
Well, I gotta put this here too. I am trying to keep my political stuff mostly in the political grou …
- My Fellow Americans
Those of you who regularly read this blog will not be surprised to learn that I feel disappointed wi …
- Well that’s a fine how-do-you-do!
Overall a very good weekend. Saturday, Ariesna and & hung out with our friends Bryon & AWelk …
- WordPress Default Category
There’s one thing about WP that has been annoying me a lot and it’s that the default category option …