As previously mentioned, I’ve been working on updating and customizing the VectorLover WordPress theme to include some of WordPress 2.7’s new features and to integrate with certain WordPress plugins which I like. This evening I’m happy to announce the initial release of VectorLover 2.
- Threaded comments with quick reply links.
- Integrated plugin support for: Now-Reading, FAlbum, Tweetbacks, wpLicense
- Custom login page
- Added a new default Gravatar image to list of options under Settings -> Discussion in WordPress’s admin backend.
- hCard microformatting to both post & comment authors.
- A stylesheet to remove unnecessary elements from printed pages.
- Changed page titles to display as “PostTitle « BlogName” vs the previous “BlogName » PostTitle” for better SEO
- Wrapped posts in a DIV with post_class() to add support for fancier styling on posts.
This release would not have been possible without Erwin Aligam — who designed the initial theme, ThemeLab — who ported the design to WordPress, famfamfam — designed some wicked-nice icons or any of these sites: WPEngineer.com, TheEnglishGuy.co.uk, OttoDestruct.com and Sivel.net — all of whom provided valuable information while I was working on this release.
You can download this release from my VectorLover 2 page.