Drove up to Mom’s house. We should have arrived between 9-10 hours after we started. One wrong turn meant we arrived 12 hours after we started1. On the bright side, it was a pretty drive (at least until it got dark) and we did arrive safely.
It was a good visit and while we were there:
- enjoyed a bit of Christmas fun at Bronner’s
- bought a new hat (kind of like this but in a dark grey)
- picked up a new light fixture for our porch (only $56!)
- picked up Zoe’s Tale and read it (very likey Mr. Scalzi’s best work yet)
- some books from the local used book store
- ate far too much food, including some fresh taffy we picked up in Frankenmuth
- reminisced with Mom & Aunt Penny (including going through a bunch of old photos)
Ah, good times. 🙂
Update: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Friday (day before we came back) got a call from awelkin that our furnace had gone out while we were gone and the indoor temp was down to 40 degrees. Urk! Fortunately with some slight prompting, the inestimable Bryon was able to revive it. My in-laws stopped in to check on it the next day while we were in transit and the house was all nice and warm again. Wahoo!
1 Versus the 9-10 hours we were expecting the drive to take.