Taken during Alton Brown’s appearance at Theatre Cedar Rapids for the Cedar Rapids Public Library’s first Inside Out. As the theatre doesn’t allow for food, there was no cooking demonstration; instead the evening’s entertainment was an interactive lecture called “10 Things I’m Pretty Sure I’m Sure About Food”. Apparently Mr. Brown has given this lecture before but tweaks it each time he performs it. The 10 items in tonight’s version of the lecture were:
- Chicken don’t have fingers.
- Never negotiate with terrorists.
- The most important tool in the kitchen:
- Fresh isn’t always raw.
- Beware Chinese chili.
- If you want safe food, raise it yourself.
- Restaurants aren’t churches.
- Husbands, your wife is the best cook….ever.
- It’s not just about what you eat. It’s about what you don’t.
- Food shows don’t make you fat….eating too much does.
Notes [ + ]
|1.||↑||And possibly even some chocolate eggs.|