While there are still a few things to do; we decided to go ahead and re-install the wire-frame shelving into the closet. This allows us to (finally) use the closet space again. It also gives me an opportunity to make a note of the things we did well and the things I’d do differently.
- Completed project without killing anybody and stuffing their body behind the drywall.
- Kept project costs low by reusing existing materials whenever possible and buying some materials second hand from our local ReStore.
- Take out the existing baseboard that runs in front of the closet area to give hanging items more vertical space.
- Spend more time laying out the closet to make things a bit more square.
- Paint the walls.
- Install trim.
- Install iron piping between the studs for more hanging space 1
- Day 254: Signs of Sanity
While powering through a bit of a sinus headache, we got more drywall installed today and the close …
- Day 247: Moar Maddness
After a bit of a break due to illness, social obligations and rainy days, we finally got back to wo …
- Day 225: Cloudy with a Chance of Pain
There was brief hope that today would see an end to the madness and a completion of hanging the dry …
- It’s the strangest thing
First off, the lack of recent updates is due to 2 factors: I’ve been busy with the new job and I don …
- Summer Vacation 2016
After a very busy spring at work and busting my brain far too much, I decided to finally take some t …
- We started on this, but the flanges we were going to use to attach the pipes did not go on easily. Well to be entirely accurate the flanges didn’t go on all the way; meaning the pipes + flanges don’t fit into the space. We’ll probably end up buying more pipe and trying this part again at a later date. ↩