I saw this over at mediatinker and decided to copy here because I really want to try making this some time.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 4 chicken filets, or 1 skinless breast diced
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 can water
- 1/2 c rice
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 Tblspn milk
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a stock pot, cook the chicken quickly over high heat until seared. Pour in the stock and water.
- Add the rice, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and milk until very well blended.
- When the rice is cooked, pour the egg mixture into the boiling soup in a thin drizzle, stiring to form egg threads.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and parsley.
Variation 1: use 10 finely sliced shiso leaves instead of parsley.
Variation 2: add some diced carrot with the rice. Add 1/2 cup chopped spinach after the rice is done and allow to cook down, then do the egg threads.