You Know You Grew Up In The 80’s or Early 90’s If:
1. You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word “SIKE”
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the “Fresh Prince of Belair” and can do the “Carlton”. I can’t sing the rap but FPoB was dope, homeboy!
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy. I’ve no idea what it flet like but I remember seeing stupid people on TV dress this way.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil’ Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom
8. Two words: Hammer Pants *laugh* At the time, I thought these were the coolest pants. EVER! I wanted a pair so bad, but my Mom would never buy them for me. These days? I think I owe her a bigger Christmas gift because she never got them for me. *grin*
9. If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock”
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars and “spokey-dokes” or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
11. You can sing the entire theme song to “DuckTales” (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” on the big screen and still know the turtles names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. Well… to be perfectly honest, I got super-excited when it was computer day in class at school.
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game “MASH” (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear, need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to “JEM” in Kindergarten. (She’s truly outrageous.)
21. You remember reading “Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing” and all the Ramona books. In truth, I don’t remember Ramona but I have found memories fo reading TofaFGN.
22. You know the profound meaning of “WAX ON, WAX OFF”
23. You wanted to be a Goonie. Wanted? I still am one! Huh, what’s that? I’m a goober? Oops! My bad
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us, head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school and traded Garbage Pail kids in the schoolyard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence. I remember this but I think I hated it then too
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts. These were the bomb! I wish they still made them (because now I could actually afford them! *grin*
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
36. You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously ! injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You’ve gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. “Don’t worry, be happy.”
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do, getting yelled at by “younger hip” members of the family)
46. You remember boom boxes. . and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
47. You remember watching both “Gremlins” movies. The 2nd one sucked.
48. You know what it meant to say “Care Bear Stare!!” *shudder* Unforunately, I do remember this.
49. You remember watching “Rainbow Bright” and “My Little Pony Tales”.
50. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot. Didn’t really think either was all that hot, but can remember wanting to be a genius like Doogie.
51.. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool, and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”. Almost, I thought their music sucked and flinched whenever I heard anything to do with them.
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class.
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi – SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
55. You just sang those words to yourself.
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
57. Homemade Levi shorts (the shorter the better)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet! Thank God, I can honestly answer this saying that I never had a mullet!
60. You still sing “We are the World”
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a bannana clip.
63. You remember “Where’s the Beef?”
64. Y ou used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ about Willis?”
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
66. You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!!! Nope, I’m still stuck on “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”.
I’ve marked the ones I remember in bold and made notes in italics.
Oh and here are a couple they missed:
67. You ever watched Punky Bruster.
68. You thought G.I. Joe was cool but now you wonder how all these heavily trained soldiers were completely unable to shoot anybody; while still being able to take out helicopters from half a mile away with a crossbow.
69. You remember your family getting their first VCR.
70. You went trick-or-treating and actually ate the homemade candy that you got.
71. You were completely thrilled when you beat Zelda for the first time.