Savage Chickens is a webcomic that I ran across recently and it’s rather brilliant in its simplicity. One guy, one stack of Post-It notes, one pen and a whole lot of bringing the funny. This one is now permanently added to my Portal page so I won’t forget to hit it during my daily webcomic trawl.
- Added new plugin, so that if comments are disabled; comment link is removed from main page.
- Found some errors in the server log, moved files to different folder to correct the errors. After fixing the errors, noticed that the styling of certain portions (mood/music) of the project had changed.
- Fixed database backup plugin, so that it works for project leader
- Altered site’s styling slightly to better incorporate items in sidebar
- Fix plugin to sync project with journal.
Apologize to project leader for playing with boards and deleting one of her posts…Done Update site to latest version of WP Find/create theme for boardsDone: Installed requested theme, though minor tweaking needs to be done yet and project leader will most likely need to update her profile to see new theme.
- Add a contact page/form?
You Know You Grew Up In The 80’s or Early 90’s If:
1. You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word “SIKE”
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the “Fresh Prince of Belair” and can do the “Carlton”. I can’t sing the rap but FPoB was dope, homeboy!
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy. I’ve no idea what it flet like but I remember seeing stupid people on TV dress this way.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil’ Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom
8. Two words: Hammer Pants *laugh* At the time, I thought these were the coolest pants. EVER! I wanted a pair so bad, but my Mom would never buy them for me. These days? I think I owe her a bigger Christmas gift because she never got them for me. *grin*
9. If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock”
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars and “spokey-dokes” or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect (more…)
I’ve created a new section in the gallery, called Altered. This is where I’ll be putting any photos that I’ve manipulated beyond shrinking and labeling. For example, the dusty road picture attached to this post is one that I had been thinking needed some sort of work to make it pop (for lack of a better word). So I fired up GiMP and did the roughly1 following:
- Copied the entire image into a new file, to preserve the original.
- Created two layers in the image containing the entire image.
- Selected the bottom layer and applied a 5px Gausian blur.
- Selected the top layer and set it the mode to multiply.
- Flatten the image to save it as a JPG.
- Resize and label.
I really like this altered version vs the original one. Also in currently the altered gallery is a picture I took of some clouds and that tonight I ran through the same basic steps to enhance it. This version of the image also really pops! 🙂
You have a Purple Lightsaber.
Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic. Purple denotes high spirituality and religious aspiration. Purple also represents Peacefulness and Purification. It also has a sense of intuitive understanding and a feeling of intimacy with the world.
What Colored Lightsaber Would You Have?
brought to you by Quizilla
Kudos to AWelkin for links to the quizzes. Though I have to say that any quiz that claims that a person has “high spirituality and religious aspiration” after answering “Because he/she is a badass” to “Why is that Character your Favorite?” has issues. That purple *shudders in disgust* is the color of my lightsaber is doubly proof that something is wrong with that quiz.