Here is the recipe from the Bed and Breakfast that Manzabar and I stayed at in Davenport. This one pancake can easily feed 4 people.
Honey Puff Pancake
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 c. milk
- 1c. flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 T. honey
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3T. butter
Honey Butter Spread:
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a blender, put milk, honey cream cheese, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Grease a 10 inch pie plate with a tablespoon of butter.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in pie plate and add the batterto the heated pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Pancakes will flatten after being removed from the oven.
- While the pancake is baking, make the spread.
- Beat together the ingrediants until smooth.
- After removing the pancake from the oven, spread the honey butter on top.
You can purchase this cookbook from Fulton’s Landing. The cookbook is Inn Dulgences Bed and Breakfast Cookbook III. This reciepe is on page 14.