- 1 Pound cake
- 3/4 c Strawberry jam
- 1 cn Pitted apricots (1 lb,14 oz) – drained and pureed
- 11 oz Mandarin oranges – drained
- 1/2 c Marsala or cream sherry
- 2 c Vanilla custard
- 1 c Heavy cream
- 1/4 c Superfine sugar
- Split cake into thin layers, spread with jam and half the apricot puree, and sandwich back together.
- Cut into bars, about 1-by-2-inches, and pack into a 2-quart serving dish, arranging oranges in and around cake.
- Pour Marsala over top, spread with remaining apricot puree and cover with custard.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Whip cream with sugar until stiff.
- Frost on top of trifle and decorate with candied fruits, if desired.
This recipie should yield about 10 servings.
[Editor] This is a recipe Ariesna found online someplace and wants to try making sometime.